Sunday, November 1, 2015

Leaning Sycamores finished

I delivered the book to our exhibit coordinator today! I've been working on this concept since June, with the most intense focus during the past two weeks. It's finished and out of my hands now. I'm coming up for air at last. The opening reception for the exhibit is December 3, 6-8 PM at the Bethesda Library.

The paper has pine-needle inclusions. I bound in the book's original dust jacket.

All four scrolls, completed.

The Potomac River Water Trail maps are beautiful, and printed on high-quality paper--just right for the box.

I decoupaged a sycamore leaf, backed it with Moriki, and inset it into the spine of the box.

This photo I took of a sycamore reflected in water alludes to the author's "reflections" on the natural world.

I printed sycamore-bark photos and then overprinted them with the title. The font is Post Mediaeval, the same typeface used on the book's dust jacket (first photo above).

1 comment: