Saturday, February 6, 2010

Psalm 91





I mentioned in an earlier post that I enjoy repairing study Bibles whose value lies in their owner's personal history of interaction with Scripture. When the owner of this Bible learned he had a serious illness, he turned to Psalm 91 for comfort. Over time, the Bible broke open at this place.
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence...." The entire psalm offers hope that the Lord hears the cry for help and will answer: "With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."
The top photos show how the repairs turned out. Now my work is part of this owner's history with his Bible. He continues to read this psalm and recall the faithfulness of God.
Note: The Austin Burnham photos may have been confusing. The top photo is the repaired book; the middle photo shows the mold-ravaged pages before repair. I forgot to photograph them afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment